Careers at BGI
1st Feb, 2017,
Inside Sales Representative
(Philadelphia, PA based)
The Inside Sales Representative will support the Regional Sales Managers to manage BGI’s genomics service business with industry, academic and government accounts nationally. Responsible for lead generation and qualification resulting in revenue generation and business growth.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails. Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Understand and maintain current knowledge of the company’s products and services. Keep informed on technology development, market competition, policies and regulation, etc., in the genomics space. Utilize resources and perform research to determine sales patterns and strategies for different market sectors.
- Perform territory business analysis and report results to Regional Sales Managers on a regular basis. Evaluate lead to opportunity ratio, aging opportunity report and lost business report and review with Regional Sales Manager.
- Lead generation from market research and intelligence.
- The inside sales cover internal research accounts at CHOP and Penn to drive business volume directly through CHOP presence.
- Attend national, regional conferences, trade shows and corporate meetings as scheduled.
- Understand BGI value in broader scope and being able to communicate BGI vision beyond sequencing services.
- Minimum BS in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics or equivalent science degree.
- Basic understanding in selling next generation sequencing and other genomics services such as microarray, genotyping, diagnostics, etc.
- Basic understanding of the market and customer needs within the Next Generation Sequencing industry.
- Excellent communications, analytical and organizational skills
- Require American citizenship or with working permit in US.
Job Location: BGI@CHOP
BGI, the largest genomics center in the world, provides comprehensive sequencing and bioinformatics services for medical, agricultural and environmental applications. We help our customers achieve their research goals by delivering rapid, high quality results using a broad array of cost-effective, cutting-edge technologies. Our customers also benefit from our scientific expertise and research experience that have generated over 170 publications in top-tier journals such as Nature and Science. BGI is recognized globally as an innovator for conducting international collaborative projects with leading research institutions to better mankind and our world. On April 27th, 2010, BGI Americas was founded and set up its main office in Boston, MA, U.S.A. BGI Americas offers scientific and technological collaboration and services to all countries in North, Central, and South America, provides R&D in technology and product development, and seeks opportunities of cooperative projects in the fields of sequencing and bioinformatics. BGI values our employees as we believe they are the driving force behind our successful performance.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job please forward a cover letter, salary history and CV to the following email: email@example.com
28th July, 2016
This position’s responsibilities include:
- interpreting human microbiome-based NGS data to discover microbial composition & abundance & association between host & microbiome.
- Collaborating w/ external partners on host & microbiome interaction.
- Monitoring the effect of microorganisms on plants, animals, other microorganisms, or the environment via microbiome sequencing.
- Translating electronic scanning microscope results into scientific reports.
- Preparing technical papers, publishing research papers, and making recommendations based on research findings.
Requires knowledge on microbiome, bacterial genomics & other NGS data format adjustment, data QC & filtering, data analysis & commit data statistics; Must be familiar with experimental & protocol details of microbiome & bacterial genomics sequencing and the public database.
Master Degree in Microbiology and two years related experience is required. Please send resume to BGI Americas Corporation, One Broadway 3rd FL, Cambridge, MA 02142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.