Whole Transcriptome Sequencing
An Accessible, Cost Effective Sequencing Solution to Enable Rapid Discovery with Industry Leading Turnaround Times.
Transcriptome Sequencing is used to reveal the presence, quantity and structure of RNA in a biological sample under speci c conditions. Compared to hybridization-based RNA quantification method such as microarray, sequencing-based transcriptome detection can quantify gene expression with low background, high accuracy and high levels of reproducibility within a large dynamic range. In addition, transcriptome sequencing does not require existing genome sequence and can detect mutations/SNPs, splice variants and fusion genes that can not be obtained by microarrays.
Sequencing Service Specification
BGI transcriptome sequencing services are executed with the Illumina HiSeq 4000 sequencing system.
- Multiple choices for mRNA enrichment and rRNA removal kits
- Regular and Strand-speci c transcriptome library
- 100 bp and 150bp paired-end sequencing options available
- Raw data and bioinformatics analysis are available in standard le formats
- Advanced and custom bioinformatics data analysis
- Cloud-based data storage and delivery system
- ≥30 Million reads per sample recommended
Turn Around Time
- Typical 40 working days from sample QC acceptance to ltered raw data availability
- Expedited services are available, contact your local BGI specialist for details
We care for your samples from the start through to the result reporting. Highly experienced laboratory professionals follow strict quality procedures to ensure the integrity of your results.
In addition to raw data output, BGI o ers a range of standard and customized bioinformatics pipelines for your Transcriptome sequencing project.
Reports and output data files are delivered in industry standard file formats: FASTQ, BAM, FPKM calculation and Excel.