Looking for bilingual Chinese-English young professionals with passion in selling genomics services. The Territory Account Manager’s role is to ensure achievement of territory sales objectives in line with the Company’s mission; to develop and implement sales plans through both strategic and tactical activities; and to provide regular feedback on status of specific sales opportunities, the market and competitor activities.
This position will directly manage BGI’s genomics service business with industry, academic and government accounts in southeast region of US (South of PA, MD down to Florida, Texas).
1. Assume overall accountability for establishing and implementing an effective sales plan, meeting regional sales goals with budgeted resources and developing key account sales strategies.
2. Understand and maintain current knowledge of the company’s products and services. Keep informed on technology development, market competition, policies and regulation, etc., in the genomics space. Utilize resources and perform research to determine sales patterns and strategies for different market sectors.
3. Perform territory business analysis and report results to Director of Sales on a regular basis. Evaluate budget execution, product performance, operation efficiency within territory and report results/suggestions to leadership team.
4. Identify key business opportunities in research, clinical and pharmaceutical space. Develop and maintain relationship with key opinion leaders. Utilize customer resource to expand BGI influence and to secure key business opportunities.
5. Coordinate with project managers, production team, etc. to ensure smooth execution of projects and proper communication of project status to clients. Work with product managers through collaborative projects with key clients to drive product development.
6. Attend national, regional conferences, trade shows and corporate meetings as scheduled.
7. Understand BGI value in broader scope and being able to communicate BGI vision beyond sequencing services.
1. PHD in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics or equivalent science
2. Extensive experience selling next generation sequencing and other genomics services such as microarray, genotyping, diagnostics, etc.
3. Strong understanding of the market and customer needs within the Next Generation Sequencing industry.
4. Willingness to travel.
5. Excellent communications, analytical and organizational skills
6. Require American citizenship or with working permit in US.
BGI, the largest genomics center in the world, provides comprehensive sequencing and bioinformatics services for medical, agricultural and environmental applications. We help our customers achieve their research goals by delivering rapid, high quality results using a broad array of cost-effective, cutting-edge technologies. Our customers also benefit from our scientific expertise and research experience that have generated over 170 publications in top- tier journals such as Nature and Science. BGI is recognized globally as an innovator for conducting international collaborative projects with leading research institutions to better mankind and our world. On April 27th, 2010, BGI Americas was founded and set up its main office in Boston, MA, U.S.A. BGI Americas offers scientific and technological collaboration and services to all countries in North, Central, and South America, provides R&D in technology and product development, and seeks opportunities of cooperative projects in the fields of sequencing and bioinformatics. BGI values our employees as we believe they are the driving force behind our successful performance.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job please forward a cover letter, and CV to the following email: email@example.com