BGI Genomics and Eluthia have today announced the launch of BGI’s market leading non-invasive prenatal test, the NIFTY® test, under the brand name PreviaTest® in Germany.
First launched in 2010, the NIFTY® test was one of the earliest non-invasive prenatal tests (NIPTs) launched to market. Based on low coverage whole genome sequencing, The NIFTY® test screens for trisomies 21,18,13 with a sensitivty rate of over 99%, and has additonal screening options for a further 93 other trisomies, sex chromosomal aneuploidies and deletion/duplication syndromes, making it one of the most comprehsive non-invasive prenatal tests on the market. NIFTY® has been validated by numerous published studies, including one of the laregst ever NIPT studies on over 146,000 pregnancies. To date, over 4 million NIFTY® samples have been processed globally.
‘We are delighted to launch NIFTY® in Germany with Eluthia, and to expand access for German patients to a highly trusted and comprehensive NIPT solution’ noted David Shan, BGI Genomics’ Clincal Testing Sales Director. ‘By leveraging BGI’s economies of scale and vast testing experience with Eluthia’s local market knowledge and network, we are confident that we can grow sales of NIFTY® in Germany very rapidly.’
‘We are proud to launch with BGI the most comprehensive NIPT solution available on the German market’ says Ramón Enríquez Schaefer, Eluthia’s CEO. ‘The oustanding quality standards of BGI Hong Kong’s lab (CLIA and CAP certified), their adherance to highest data safety standards (European GDPR) and their care for the environment (ISO-14001), match very well with Eluthia’s product line of affordable, high quality and innovative diagnostic tests.
Matthew Poulter, Senior Global Marketing Manager, BGI Genomics, email@example.com
Ramón Enríquez Schaefer, CEO, Eluthia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- BGI Genomics provides a wide range of next generation sequencing services and a broad portfolio of genetic tests for medical institutions, research institutions and other public and private partners.
- BGI’s mission is to leverage its genomics expertise in order to advance life science research and improve human health for the benefit of mankind.
- Numerous scientific partners, healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies have come to rely on BGI’s world leading bio-informatics research and development, large scale computing infrastructure for data output and storage, and proprietary sequencing platforms.
- BGI is headquartered in Shenzhen, China, with branches and medical laboratories in major cities including Beijing, Tianjin, Wuhan, Shanghai and Guangzhou. BGI also has offices and laboratories located in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific region.
- BGI currently operates in more than 100 countries and regions and works with more than 3000 medical institutions and more than 300 hospitals.
Visit www.bgi.com for more information or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @BGI_Genomics.
- Eluthia is a start-up laboratory based in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Eluthia’s mission is to improve the diagnostic standard of care by providing high-quality innovative genetic diagnostic and screening tests at an affordable price.
- Eluthia is known for it’s proprietary ProviaTest®, launched in 2018. ProviaTest® screens for difficult to diagnose genetic conditions such as sex chromosome aneuploidies (Turner-, Klinefelter-, Jacobs- and Triple-X-Syndrome) and for thirty microdeletions, including the 22q11.2 microdeletion (DiGeorge syndrome) in newborns.
- Eluthia partners with the Dietmar-Hopp Center for Metabolic Diseases Heidelberg, to make their metabolic newborn screening available in other countries.
Visit www.eluthia.com for more information