Modern liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry technology provides a means to routinely perform non-targeted protein identification¹. BGI can help simplify the challenge of protein identification for your project.
We can identify proteins isolated in gel bands or spots. Our service includes destaining, in-gel digestion, nano-flow LC-MS/MS, and peptide spectral match data analysis.
- In-gel digestion
- LC-MS/MS ANALYSIS
- Data analysis
Our in-solution protein identification services can be used for applications such as monitoring recombinant protein expression and affinity purification systems.
- In-solution digestion
- LC-MS/MS analysis
- Data analysis
. Baldwin MA. Protein identification by mass spectrometry: issues to be considered. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2004 Jan;3(1):1-9. Epub 2003 Nov 6. Review. PubMed PMID: 14608001
Mass Spectrometry Service Specification
Protein Identification services are performed using nano-flow liquid chromatography and high resolution Orbitrap mass spectrometry.
Sample Preparation and Services
- Digestion performed using sequencing-grade trypsin
- 60 min nano-flow LC-MS/MS using a Q Exactive HF-X Orbitrap mass spectrometer
Mass Spec Services Quality Standard
- Summary including all methods and data analysis
- Reports provided in Excel or PDF format, RAW files available upon request
Turn Around Time
- Typical 2-3 weeks from sample QC acceptance to data report delivery
Expedited Services with 1 week Turn Around time is available
We accept protein samples in solution or gel format. For complex in-solution samples we can provide electrophoresis services, including preparative SDS-PAGE and analytical staining.
|Amount and Concentration
|Minimum sample volume
|Protein sample in liquid solution or gel band/spot
|Recommended 100 µg; 2 µg/µL or above
- Data analysis and validation performed with SEQUEST or Mascot
- Top protein identifications, peptide spectral match count, and sequence coverage provided
- Up to 30 proteins ranked by peptide spectral match count