BGI has extensive experience in the field of targeted metabolomics spanning accurate quantification of target metabolites, verification of hypothesis by untargeted metabolomics or other omics, and metabolic model study for specific metabolites¹.
List of targeted metabolomic panels
|Category of targeted metabolites||Number of metabolites|
|Short-chain fatty acids||7|
|Trace elements and heavy metals||18|
 Liu R., et al., Gut microbiome and serum metabolome alterations in obesity and after weight-loss intervention. Nat Med, 2017. 23(7): p. 859-868.
How to order
Mass Spectrometry Service Specification
Targeted Metabolomics services are performed using LC-MS, GC-MS and ICP-MS.
Sample Preparation and Services
- Custom-developed UPLC-MRM/MS methods combine Isotope internal standard technology
- Using LC-MS (SCIEX QTRAP 4500/5500/6500 and Waters Xevo TQ-S), GC-MS (Thermo TSQ 9000) and ICP-MS (Agilent 7700) to increase the scope of detection
- Summary includes all methods and data analysis
- Reports provided in Excel or PDF format; RAW files available upon request
Turn Around Time
- Typical 5-7 weeks after sample receipt for raw data delivery
Please contact your BGI account representative for details for your samples.
- Data analysis performed with metaX1 and BGI library
- Data quality control
- Standard curves
- Quantification results